The Math Curse!

This mass in addition to activeness are only also cracking non to share! I genuinely did this amongst my 6th graders a field dorsum (right earlier Thanksgiving!) but am only getting only about to writing close it. Many of y'all accept in all likelihood already read or heard close the hilarious book, The Math Curse, by Jon Scieszka in addition to Lane Smith. These are the same authors equally The True Story of the Three Little Pigs. If y'all haven't read Math Curse, it is definitely worth finding a re-create in addition to reading amongst your students. It volition perish them thinking, laughing, in addition to learning close some fun math concepts!

In add-on to reading the book, the end few years I accept made it into a challenge for my middle schoolers. For those of y'all who accept non had the pleasance of reading it yet, the primary grapheme falls victim to a math curse, resulting inward everything turning into a math problem! The questions are engaging, wacky, in addition to math related (well...some of them). I decided to position together a worksheet amongst many of the questions from the book. After reading the mass amongst my students, I allow them operate individually or amongst a partner to respond equally many of these questions correctly. I hand out a modest prize to the grouping inward each cast that gets the most correct! Click on the moving-picture demo or link to perish a gratuitous re-create of the worksheet!




This is a cracking activeness if your students only necessitate a pause from the normal routine. I unremarkably create this on a 24-hour interval only earlier a pause each year, when a lot of the students are already checked out (or on vacation!). I promise all y'all math nerds enjoy! And if you're a scientific discipline person...be certain to depository fiscal establishment represent out the Science Curse!