B For Balancing (A To Z Blogging Challenge)

B is for Balancing!

As a kid I loved to balance.  I could residuum on i foot, residuum a baton on i finger, too sometimes I could residuum on my caput (but that was hard for to a greater extent than than 2 seconds!).  My favorite affair was in all probability walking on a skinny ledge piece I walked across!  It took a proficient internal balance.

To learn kids nigh residuum it is actually nigh distributing things every bit on each side.  Just expect at a scale...

Using a scale it is slow to meet when something is non inwards residuum or completely level.  Even expect at the = sign... does it expect balanced?  It is!  And that is because any nosotros pose on either side of the equal sign bring to balance.

I don't know if y'all noticed simply inwards my logo in that place is an equal sign.  Can y'all meet it?  When y'all expect at the moving painting of the scale, tin give the sack y'all meet the equal sign alongside the bar that holds the bowls?  I mean value it is fun to uncovering connections similar that too I mean value kids uncovering it fascinating too.

As y'all learn children they would in all probability dearest to live a scale!  Gather ii plastic bags too every bit weighted things to pose inwards the bags they concord inwards each hand.  Anything would work--tennis balls, boxes of crackers, candy, books, etc.  With their eyes shut tin give the sack they say if i side is heavier or if the weights are equal?

Exploring alongside math tin give the sack live a lot of fun.  Did y'all e'er notice the connectedness betwixt a balanced scale too the equal sign?