Vacation Fourth Dimension Together With I Math Activity...

I'm on opor-garai as well as writing this post... I was busy getting cook for this opor-garai as well as doing other things that I didn't larn to pre-schedule my spider web log posts.  As around of you lot may discovery my regular schedule is Monday, Thursday, as well as occasionally a Saturday.  It hasn't helped that most of my kids convey coughs as well as I fifty-fifty got ane (with chills too--no fun).

Anyway, hither is an action I did amongst my ain kids that turned out actually well.  Before I larn into it, you lot should know that I believe fifty-fifty real immature kids tin empathise math concepts that they are non formally taught until they are older.

So hither is what I did amongst my kids.

  • I drew an x as well as y-axis amongst chalk on my wall inwards the driveway as well as labeled the lines.  
  • Then I had a pocket-sized bucket of H2O where nosotros dipped a lawn tennis ball (you could also you lot a spongy H2O ball).
  • We threw the moisture ball at the wall.
  • I labeled their striking amongst a missive of the alphabet as well as nosotros named the coordinates.  (It wasn't a occupation for my 10 as well as 8 yr erstwhile to empathise the concept as well as all my kids idea it was actually fun trying to aim for a certainly part.)

If your students are upwards to it, you lot could connect around of the lines as well as hash out gradient as well as other concepts of algebra as well as geometry!

Come dorsum for MaTh action Thursday.  This calendar week volition hold upwards well-nigh budgeting, exactly you lot tin postal service well-nigh whatever math-related post.  Can kids fifty-fifty budget?  Of course of written report they can!

Also, On Mon I am actually looking forrad to my root invitee spider web log postal service amongst Education.com doing a postal service related to root bird math!

What fun math activities create you lot convey planned amongst your students?