Math Action Thursday: 3D Shapes

Sorry I'm then belatedly on posting this activeness for Thursday, only experience costless to link upwards for the adjacent distich of days.

From yesterday I asked the question, 'How tin yous instruct math amongst a bowl of blueberries?'  No i answered, only I bet a few of yous were thinking most it.  Here are ideas yous could practice amongst that bowl of blueberries...

  • Chart how they gustation (sour, firm, squishy, etc.)
  • Count upwards every bit yous swallow them.
  • Do skip counting every bit yous swallow them.
  • Divide them into groups to figure out how many their are.
Okay, right away on to MaTh activeness Thursday!

Today I'm doing three-dimensional (3D) shapes.  Is it e'er likewise early on to instruct your kids 3D shapes?  I don't intend so, only I'd dear to listen what yous think.  I am working on a board mass that has these shapes inwards it, then I decided to brand them (ideally the mass would come upwards amongst blocks, only I made them out of an empty cereal box).
The exclusively i I couldn't brand out of a cereal box was the sphere.  I got a ping pong ball instead.  Then I decided to brand a holder for the shapes amongst names to label the shapes...
Kids tin bring fun amongst 3D shapes discussing the sides, angles, curves, too aspects of each shape.  I had fun making these too hopefully yous tin bring fun exploring 3D shapes amongst your kids too.  There was a peachy website I institute that had many to a greater extent than ways to make polyhedra out of paper that was fun.

What's your favorite 3D shape?