M For Multiplication! (A To Z Challenge)

M for Multiplication--yay!  I dear to learn multiplication.  How close you!

Kids similar shortcuts, right?!  When y'all are pedagogy your students permit them know that when y'all multiply y'all are actually simply doing a shortcut.

3x4 is actually doing a shortcut for 3 groups of 4 things as well as instead of adding them all 1 at a fourth dimension nosotros tin recollect the totals of these!  I create stimulate got conceptual multiplication flash cards (for sale on TN, TpT) for 1x6 through 1x12.  There are iii cards for each multiple!   This is what they hold back like...

Do your children combat amongst multiplication or create they dear it?

Another agency I similar to learn it is yesteryear looking at patterns on a 100 chart.

It was a wise 4th bird instructor of mine who permit me stimulate got a minor grouping of struggling students as well as create minor tutoring sessions during math time.  That is the yr I know I wanted to endure a teacher.  The moments when my classmates understood how the math patterns worked as well as how multiplication was actually close groups was priceless. : )


P.S. Don't forget to larn inwards my blogiversary giveaway from this post!