#Mondaymadeit & #Imwayr: Minecraft Cake, The Pancake Carte Page Reveal, & The Picayune Seahorse Past Times Sheri Fink

Wow!  What a fun weekend!  My son's birthday together with a fun writing workshop... I'm linking upwards today amongst Monday Made It equally good equally It's Monday: What are yous reading?

Here is Mon Made it #1:  This awesome Minecraft cake!
How did I brand yous ask?  Here's what I did...

  • Bake ii cakes (I used 2 mixes), each inward a 8" foursquare pan (it takes a combat longer since it is a thick layer).
  • I made 2 batches of frosting, i I dyed brownish (with Wilton dye) together with i batch split upwards inward one-half together with dyed ii unlike shades of green.
  • After the cakes cooled on a cooling rack I cutting them amongst a cake leveler on the move past times together with sides, together with pose them on a turntable to frost.
  • Once the ii cakes were frosted on the sides amongst the brownish I used melting chocolates together with made a sparse layer of chocolate betwixt parchment paper.  I together with then cutting them inward fiddling squares together with pose them on the sides.
  • Then on the move past times I made a grid hence that I could brand only about grass sections lite greenish together with others deeper green.  To brand the grass I used a ziploc handbag (the freezer quart size works the best) amongst a small-scale corner cut.
  • Once it was done (hooray) it went inward the fridge.  One of my kids made a dandelion candle to acquire on it besides : )
Whew! The cake was a big made it--from start to complete I intend it was most iii hours for baking together with frosting together with it was good received : )
My other made it this by calendar week is my kickoff pose together page of The Pancake Menu: What volition yous order? Menu & Cookbook.  Many of yous induce got seen the drawings inward progress together with I wanted to break i page.  Drum roll.........
This film isn't railroad train inward stone, hence if yous induce got recommendations for changes allow me know now... Or create yous intend it is perfect?

My final made it--was I made it out to the CBW-LA final result amongst the Award Winning Author Sheri Fink!
I had a blast!!! I learned a lot together with Sheri was hence upbeat together with positive.  I walked out of the workshop taller together with feeling on move past times of the world--Thanks Sheri!

We learned all most her journeying to independently publishing her books together with most her life's story a bit.  Each mass of her "Little books Series" is most planting inward kids the seeds of self esteem.  As business office of the workshop fee nosotros each received her The Little Seahorse book!
  It's Monday: What are yous Reading comes in!

My oldest immature lady read it to herself together with she enjoyed it.  Then my iii twelvemonth onetime wanted to read it.  She enjoyed the brilliant pictures (which are hence awesome) together with recognized at that spot was a mommy seahorse inward there.  Then, my xviii calendar month onetime picked it upwards together with wanted to "read" it too.  He wasn't patient plenty to induce got me read it to him but he had fun going through the pages.  It has a neat message of overcoming shyness.  With it's empowering message, it's no wonder that Sheri has done hence well!  She is a neat author together with a neat motivational speaker.

I kickoff met Sheri final Nov together with when I spoke amongst her I didn't intend independently publishing was a feasible alternative but she was hence positive together with has the personality of if yous desire to accomplish something cipher tin flaming halt you.  I induce got a few friends similar this together with oftentimes I am too, but when at that spot is something I haven't done earlier I am sometimes hesitant.  Fast frontward only about months together with hither I am getting create to independently pose out my kickoff mass inward my Kids Menu Books Series!  Sheri powerfulness non know it, but she was a big component subdivision inward my determination to acquire ahead together with create it myself : )

Have a neat calendar week everyone!  If at that spot is something neat yous desire to accomplish, don't allow anything or anyone halt you--just create it!