Hands-On Long Division

I wanted to portion this quick, easy, as well as effective thought I tried out before this twelvemonth every bit my sixth graders were reviewing long division! Before the lesson, I cutting out as well as laminated only about partitioning bars as well as decimal points using cardstock. I too organized only about decks of cards as well as then that each grouping would convey nigh vi of each number. I taped only about handwritten zeros over human face upwardly cards for students to use. Once you lot convey done this you lot are all educate as well as convey everything you lot take away get to go!


I had students function inwards groups of ii or three. Each grouping randomly flipped over cards to do a partitioning problem! I gave them only about guidelines for the showtime distich problems (three digit let on divided yesteryear ii digit, etc.). Once they got the hang of it, I permit them travel a footling to a greater extent than creative alongside the problems they created! They actually enjoyed the hands-on seem of this activity. I too liked how it forced them to ho-hum downward as well as mean value through each step! Thought I'd portion this quick, free, as well as slow action for long partitioning practice! Enjoy!