Math Workshop - The Technology/Hands-On Center

It took a loving cup of java similar this to acquire dorsum into the swing of things today afterwards a relaxing Thanksgiving break! Now that I've had a solar daytime to acquire dorsum on track, I experience similar I'm ready to tackle the iii weeks left earlier wintertime break. My previous 2 posts focused on the instructor pump in addition to homework center...today I volition lead identify on to i of the students' favorites, the technology/hands-on center.

This pump is in all probability the close flexible pump inward my math workshop. Typically on Thursdays in addition to Fridays each week, I banking concern check out half dozen iPads from our schoolhouse IMC for students to use. On the iPads, they tin pick out a math app from a listing I give to them. There are a lot of bully math apps in addition to all of mine are sorted into iii wide categories...Logic, Visual Reasoning, in addition to Strategic Planning.

When nosotros don't bring the iPads, I oft operate the technology/hands-on pump to comprise math games into the cast period. There are hundreds of bully games to operate inward the classroom! I used to learn amongst the Everyday Math curriculum in addition to however operate a lot of their ideas for games. I ordinarily motility to bring the game fit to what nosotros are learning at the time, but volition sometimes mix inward an one-time game equally a review for my students. I have created some of my own math games to operate inward this pump equally well. Below are some of my cast favorites!  Equivalent Fraction Memory in addition to Percent Scramble are both gratuitous inward my TeachersPayTeachers store, therefore last certain to acquire a copy! I also bring some bingo games that I operate inward minor groups at the center. Click on the pictures to honor them inward my store. I also honey using the Factor Game in addition to Product Game, which I flora through NCTM. The strategy involved inward the Product Game is bully in addition to kids absolute honey it! Having a banking concern of math games to acquire to has been real helpful when planning for this center.


 It took a loving cup of java similar this to acquire dorsum into the swing of things today afterwards a rela Math Workshop - The Technology/Hands-on Center
Students honor the percent of a let on inward Percent Scramble!
 It took a loving cup of java similar this to acquire dorsum into the swing of things today afterwards a rela Math Workshop - The Technology/Hands-on Center
Turn squares in addition to foursquare roots into a game!
 It took a loving cup of java similar this to acquire dorsum into the swing of things today afterwards a rela Math Workshop - The Technology/Hands-on Center
Students tin practise commutation amongst Algebra Top-it!

 It took a loving cup of java similar this to acquire dorsum into the swing of things today afterwards a rela Math Workshop - The Technology/Hands-on Center
Equivalent Fractions Memory is FREE in addition to comes amongst an slow in addition to hard laid of cards! 
If it isn't iPads or a math game, I ordinarily come upwards up amongst some kind of hands-on chore for students to complete. For example, land working on multiplying fractions, I had students flip over a fraction carte (from my Equivalent Fraction Memory game) in addition to whorl a boot the bucket to do their ain multiplication problems. This is my pump where I tin acquire creative in addition to motility to mean value of fun novel activities for students to try! Tomorrow I am going to last experimenting amongst the fellowship of performance cards pictured below. Students flip over a "Target Number" in addition to therefore involve to operate their numbers in addition to operations to acquire equally simply about the target let on equally possible. I latterly saw somebody else post service this thought an honey it! (Sorry I can't shout out back who it was...so if it was you lot allow me know!).


All inward all, this is a fun center for both my students in addition to for me to mean value of novel ideas to experiment in addition to motility inward the classroom. It tin sometimes consume upwards a lot of prep time creating these activities, therefore I would recommend finding activities that are easily reused equally a center! I'd honey to remove heed whatsoever questions or ideas inward the comments department below. Enjoy your calendar week everyone!