Kickstarter Project: Twenty-Four Hours 4 Together With Entirely 28 To Go!

It is 24-hour interval 4 of my projection beingness alive together with I can't believe how piddling fourth dimension 1 calendar month is!

I remove hold been working on my majority for years together with I'm create to endure acquire it out to the basis together with I'm devoting 1 entire calendar month to meet that it is successful.  I wanted to document the daily progress, thoughts, together with stuff.

First off, if you lot haven't seen my video--it's a must.  I dear it together with I promise it gets you lot excited to lodge the book.  From the video, you lot tin click it at anytime to acquire to a greater extent than close the majority together with read the motion page (or you lot tin dice to this link http://kck.st/1rA0zl7 and she it alongside everyone you lot know!)


Day 1, Wed, Dec 31st 2014 was launch day.  I decided on this 24-hour interval because I signed upward months agone to live Currently Linky sponsor at OhBoy4thGrade together with I idea a bunch of teachers would live dear to back upward it together with purchase it correct on the spot.  What truly happened was I got some to a greater extent than traffic, close 250 visits, but no backers from it.  Oh well, I had to launch the projection at some point.  I took a video of my launch of the projection but it was a piddling boring.  It took 2 minutes to launch it, but it seemed similar fifty-fifty longer.

My kickoff backer was my sweetness husband!  I together with thus had a pretty skilful reply from friends together with 1 $50 contribution from somebody I don't know that liked my husband's post close it on Google+.  The kickoff 24-hour interval seemed to dice yesteryear thus slow but together with thus I became elated when I had a $1,000 backer come upward from a church building friend of mine.  It totally made my 24-hour interval together with got my spirits up.  I was thus happy she loved my projection together with saw the value inwards it.  So the kickoff 24-hour interval I received pledges for $1400.

Day 2, Thurs, Jan 1st 2015 was slow, but a piddling to live expected alongside it beingness a holiday.  A few to a greater extent than pledges came in.  I continued my efforts emailing friends, straight messaging on Facebook, spending a flake of fourth dimension alongside the family, together with working on flyers to distribute.  I also got my press loose posted together with sent it to some media people (LA Times, Daily Breeze, online tidings people).  It is amazing how much fourth dimension the trying to e-mail together with straight message people takes!

Day 3, Fri, Jan s 2015 was withal pretty slow.  I started to wonder if I demand to beg together with plead for people to please, please, PLEASE pledge something, anything to my campaign.  I don't desire to audio desperate, but fourth dimension is ticking on if I volition live able to heighten plenty coin to produce this together with I desire to meet this through.  I went around to 1 house I knew in that place was a message board together with posted my piddling flyers (maybe some variety soul volition meet it together with aid brand a difference).  I couldn't convey myself to locomote out them on people's cars, but I was tempted to produce it.

Day 4, Sat, Jan tertiary 2015 a duet to a greater extent than pledges came inwards together with I'm upward to $1,620 of my destination of $20,000.  A friend of mine today asked--why that much?  I don't heed her asking--it does appear similar a lot, but when you lot add together upward my expenses...
  • buying 1,000 copies of the hardcover (the minimum lodge to acquire a skilful printing toll inwards China)
  • paying my video guy who did my KS video together with is working on the tutorials for the pancakes.
  • copy editor
  • logo designer
  • daycare for my 2 toddlers thus I tin run on this project--before the motion (2x a calendar week for vi months) together with 5x a calendar week during this month
  • USB together with barcode
  • ebook formatting for a motion painting majority (kind of pricy for illustrated books
  • Amazon gets their 5% cutting together with Kickstarter gets 5%
  • Shipping together with packaging of the books
All those things add together up.  

Part of me wants to squall out to the basis that I remove hold this swell production that kids dear together with you lot demand to purchase together with and thus in that place is the shy business office of me that thinks I don't desire to disturb people spell they are out together with about.  They mightiness non desire to live bothered.  

So, I called my skilful friend from junior high up--she is awesome.  She is a creative type together with has a lot of friends who remove hold to produce self advertisement for their concerts, shows, albums, etc.  She gave me a skilful pep talk.  I shouldn't live afraid to speak to people.  I only demand to acquire it out there.  It's 1 month.  Many people are busy, but if I maintain posting something on my FB page or twitter feed they mightiness truly produce it, sign upward for it, part it.  If I don't produce anything, I can't promise to acquire anything.

I volition evidence to live bold together with accomplish out.  I remove hold done so, SO much run for this (I'd guess over 5000 hours) majority together with the serial it is the start of. I promise you lot tin back upward me: acquire a backer, part the project, speak to your friends together with coworkers, live excited for me. : )  The link is RIGHT HERE: http://kck.st/1rA0zl7 I'm proud of my book!


Thanks!