Math Activeness Thursday: 4.Md.C.5 & 4.Md.C.6

Hey there, fourth dimension for MaTh!  4th score focus this month, thence link upwards whatever posts if yous bring them or desire to brand i : )

4.MD.C.5 together with 4.MD.C.6 are all virtually geometric criterion alongside a focus on angles--knowing how to mensurate angles together with brand them.

For this activeness I got out my handy Spiral Draw (Klutz) thence link upwards whatever posts if yous bring them or desire to brand i  MaTh activeness Thursday: 4.MD.C.5 & 4.MD.C.6 book together with started playing around.

After I drew i of the designs I decided to explore it.
(unfortunately my motion painting from this post got deleted.  Hopefully I tin supervene upon them soon)

I wondered how far apart each rotation was.  I couldn't abide by a protractor, but I did bring a correct angle.  I know a correct angle is ninety degrees, thence I counted how many times at that topographic point was a tip (rotation) inwards that angle.  It looked similar just 9, pregnant it would endure 10 degrees.


But then, I necessitate to know if it is actually 10 degrees each.  I tried some other design...also had nine points inwards ninety degrees.

If it is x degrees just at that topographic point would endure 36 tips or points simply about the whole circumference.  Turns out at that topographic point were alone 35, thence together with then I bring the work 360 divided yesteryear 35.

That turned out to endure 10.28...

So, without a protractor nosotros were able to figure out the angles for this circular scenario.  A protractor comes inwards handy when drawing angles alongside a specific score though.

Have fun alongside angles together with endeavor to utilise them to everyday experiences...  Can your students figure out how many degrees apart the minutes are inwards a clock face?  Pick a fourth dimension together with abide by out how many degrees at that topographic point are betwixt the hr manus together with infinitesimal hand.

Thanks for joining me together with run across yous adjacent calendar week : )