Kids Card Books! What They're All About...

Have you lot heard of Kids Menu Books?  Probably not, but if you lot know me personally you lot would.  I own got alone been working on them for 10 years.

In Jan 2015 I volition live on doing my Kickstarter drive to independently issue the get-go inwards the collection!  I would dearest you lot to sign upward for my monthly newsletter then you lot tin acquire the scoop on the progress together with if you lot missy posts you lot tin acquire the summary of the whole month!  Just acquire inwards in the cast at the correct (below my contact buttons).

For the drive I postulate to come upward up amongst a video.  So far this is what my script is looking like--
* * * *
Hi. My shout out is Lucy Ravitch together with I wrote a children’s book--but it’s non but whatever children’s book.  The Pancake Menu is an open-ended novelty mass amongst pretend prices for each particular of the menu.  Kids read, own got each other’s orders, together with exercise using money.  All this equals a hands-on experience making math fun.  Each fourth dimension children play, they tin social club what they want.  There are fifty-fifty recipes then you lot or the kids tin brand the pancakes!

In college I made the get-go bill of fare mass every bit an assignment for 1 of my Education classes.  In 2004 when I saw my petty kids playing amongst it I knew the bill of fare mass consider had potential together with I planned out a collection of them.  Since 2009 I’ve immersed myself inwards the children’s mass industry, finding out what it takes to acquire published, together with doing revision afterward revision.  The format changed many times, but similar a shot I experience it’s ready.

The get-go mass of the Kids Menu Books is The Pancake Menu.  It’s a swell tool for Elementary teachers together with math tutors to operate amongst their students to brand math fun.  Children skillful at math savour it but every bit much every bit those that don’t.  Because it’s similar a game to read together with play amongst the books kids dearest it.  They own got an chance to exercise addition, subtraction, together with piece of job amongst pretend money.  For a challenge they tin add together taxation together with a tip.  Also, if children brand the recipes there’s an chance to beak almost the cost of supplies together with the fourth dimension it takes to laid upward food.  And when measuring the ingredients kids larn real-world applications of mass measurements.

I own got noticed that fifty-fifty petty children savour looking at the menu, fifty-fifty if they can’t apply the math principles yet.  Kids Menu Books own got numerous learning opportunities on many levels for ages 5-10. Kidsmenubooks.com is available for everyone to impress every bit many ordering sheets together with bill of fare coin every bit they need. There are also videos for the recipes, along amongst sections for parents together with teachers.

* * * *
What arrive at you lot mean value (even though it's non done)? Does it acquire you lot excited to purchase it? Are you lot confused yesteryear anything (still own got questions)? If you lot own got fourth dimension to poke closed to kidsmenubooks.com I'd dearest to know what you lot mean value (I arrive at excogitation on hiring someone to acquire inwards await neater amongst buttons if the drive is successful).

There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes of printing a book.  I own got had my manuscripts revised several times together with done petroleum piece of job on pictures but similar a shot that I know I am going to issue it I postulate to arrive at the best drawings I can.  The terminal duad of days I own got been making certain I acquire to bed early on together with wake upward an hr early on then I tin depict earlier my kids acquire up...
The Ladybug Pancake inked amongst sketch erased
Erasing the sketch lines.

Mid-inking.
An one-time sketch that is inwards my mock-up book.  I can't hold off to present you lot the cool format inwards some other post!
The Snail Pancake...I mean value it's cute.
Alphabet Pancakes!  $0.30 per letter

The listing for the alphabet pancakes together with diverse syrup dishes.
 It's been fun getting create for this project.  I promise you lot are every bit excited almost Kids Menu Books every bit I am!  I would actually appreciate your back upward together with when the Kickstarter drive comes out to say all your friends (especially if they are parents together with teachers) together with part my video on your social media.

Thanks for reading!