Using Pancakes To Learn Math? Yup!

Everybody loves pancakes!  I love, love, honey them... I fifty-fifty made a book well-nigh them and I'm hither to exhibit you lot how you lot tin brand them assistance your kids amongst math : )


I'm linking upwards amongst my friend Jamie at Math is Real Life!

You tin link upwards your recent math posts equally well.  If not, nosotros promise you lot savour the ones that link upwards each calendar month : )--Every starting fourth dimension Wednesday!

Finding in addition to next a recipe to brand involves getting out mensuration cups, mensuration spoons, in addition to heating upwards a griddle to a medium temperature!  Fun, hands-on math, right?  I accept a friend who says she solely knows fractions good from doubling or tripling recipes : )

After you lot brand the pancakes the math fun doesn't accept to halt there--you tin pretend to pay for the pancakes yesteryear setting a toll per each one, or offering three for a sure enough price.  Then inquire questions... Which is the ameliorate deal? How much is that per pancake?

With my starting fourth dimension Kids Menu Book, children accept a ton of fun playing amongst the coin in addition to ordering sheets (working on math), finding how much they would pay to gild their selection of pancakes!





So, it's uncomplicated equally that!  Make or in addition to thus pancakes, pretend it's a eating seat in addition to pay for them, using pretend or existent coin i time you lot figure out the total.  Will alter require to survive given? It's actually fun to meet kids figuring it all out. If you lot require play money, you lot tin become to kidsmenubooks.com in addition to impress equally much equally card coin equally you lot need.

Maybe you lot tin explore in addition to inquire other questions... How much would my whole shape require to pay for getting 2 pancakes per student?  What if I needed to add together 10% taxation for my order?  Kids are smart in addition to they tin come upwards up amongst or in addition to thus interesting scenarios spell you're enjoying your pancakes.

Here's the video well-nigh my majority project.  I'm trying to raise funds (only Jan 2015) to position out it : )  Please assistance me larn the give-and-take out yesteryear sharing it amongst friends in addition to supporting it.