Loving My Novel Spider Web Log Look--You Equally Good Tin Diy!

Hey everyone!  If you lot convey been a visitor earlier you lot mightiness notice a novel look!


There are only about things I've changed most my weblog this weekend.  It all happened because I wanted to hire somebody to brand groovy changes together with my married adult man said "no".  That turned into me getting inspiration from styles I liked together with coming upward amongst what I wanted to change.


Here was my one-time header...
but I wanted something to a greater extent than interesting together with had the links inwards it.  First I designed the novel hold off on newspaper getting inspiration from The Cutest Blog on the Block Custom Designs Simple Style.  I withal mean value it is hence awesome how they blend the header to endure business office of the weblog (I am withal working on this a bit--I give-up the ghost on on having a lilliputian gap betwixt my header together with the balance of the blog).

Just for those of you lot who convey never changed your weblog before, only about of this is a lilliputian advanced, but nil that you lot can't figure out amongst googling tutorials.  The easiest agency to brand big changes is to larn to your blogger dashboard together with select template > customize (under your mini motion painting of your weblog > Advanced (which puts you lot inwards Blogger Template Designer).  From at that spot you lot tin terminate alter a LOT of stuff--the font together with colors/size of your text, the width of your blog, etc.  You should definitely endeavor it!  Now onto only about to a greater extent than details...

Once I had my pattern I used the Google Drive together with created drawings to add together practise elements for my header.  I created these...

I saved them equally a PNG file together with opened upward the costless drawing editing software I use--GIMP.  I convey used it earlier but at that spot are a ton of tutorials on how to purpose it if you lot are novel to it.

The tricky business office was making it convey links inwards the image.  The showtime mean value I came across didn't locomote really well... It instructed me to cutting upward my ikon together with and hence add together it equally a gadget amongst HTML abutting the images adjacent to each other.  It was close, but it wasn't working.  Then I constitute this site which told most ikon mapping--where you lot give-up the ghost on the ikon together with specify where on the ikon links are. I did halt upward using image-maps.com to brand the map but together with hence changed the rootage location of the motion painting (since they accuse a subscription fee if your ikon stays on their server).

I set upward my ikon but I actually wanted my ikon to endure seamless to the background.  This took only about searching, but afterward making my ikon convey transparency I did honour this useful site which was really helpful!  It helped me to larn rid of my header background existence white.

That is basically how I changed my header together with changed only about of the fonts.  Now, the fun honour that I stumbled upon was this really tardily trick amongst images.  I wonder if everyone volition start doing it.  I mean value the hover over characteristic is hence fun!

Good luck amongst your DIY weblog stuff.  I withal convey only about elements I desire to add, but for me the header was a big one.  I'd dear to request heed if whatsoever of this helped you lot : )  Have a groovy week!