5 Maths Gems #64

I haven't written a gems postal service inward a long time! I've been also busy at work. So I've got a big listing of resources as well as ideas from Twitter, plenty to produce amount iii or 4 posts. Let's brand a start...

1. New GCSE Resources
Teaching novel GCSE? Edexcel stimulate got come upward to our rescue yesteryear launching a ready of resources for novel GCSE topics. There's loads of useful stuff hither including worked examples, exercises amongst answers, as well as extension material. Sixteen topics are covered include functions, iteration, Venn diagrams as well as geometric progressions.
Extract from 'N15 Bounds (Foundation as well as Higher)'

2. Fractions Task
Thanks to @MaxTheMaths for sharing this lovely fractions task. This is taken from Buzzard Publishing's Arithmekit Bundle (@BuzzardPublish). Check out CanDoMaths.org for to a greater extent than resources similar this.
3. MathsFrame
It's been a long fourth dimension since I terminal taught Year 7. Now I've got a depression attaining Year seven flat I'm going to start adding lots of novel resources to my resource libraries (for instance I've of late added house value as well as addition). With my Year seven flat inward mind, resources from mathsframe.co.uk (@Mathsframe) stimulate got caught my eye. There's over 200 complimentary resources hither - they're aimed at head schools only secondary teachers may notice them useful too.
Extract from Year vi fractions assessment

4. Inspect the Spec
Craig Barton has been writing a keen ready of 'Inspect the Spec' posts on TES. If you're instruction novel GCSE, you'll notice these posts helpful. They comprise data almost what's inward the GCSE specification (what's changed as well as what's the same) along amongst recommendations of TES resources. 

5. Number Line
Megan Guinan (@MeganGuinan1) get-go tweeted almost this tool ages ago, only it's taken me a spell to notice a occupation for it. I of late used the zoomable issue line from mathsisfun.com to assist explicate decimal house value to my Year 7s. Now I realise it volition endure useful for quite a few topics. My Year 7s were 'wowed' yesteryear it as well as asked me to proceed zooming inward (forever!). Then they realised it could also zoom out to demo actually big numbers. It's e'er keen to meet kids getting excited yesteryear numbers!

Update
In instance y'all missed them, hither are my most recent posts:

I've straight off sold one-half the tickets for #christmaths16. There's yet sixty tickets left only demeanour inward hear that the get-go sixty tickets sold inward alone ix days then I recommend that y'all mass straight off then y'all don't immature lady out! Visit christmaths.co.uk for to a greater extent than information.

I'll exit y'all amongst this lovely flick from an onetime maths textbook. Thanks to @john_overholt for sharing this.
The XXth Century Arithmetic published inward 1903