Dates For The Diary

2015 has been the nearly eventful twelvemonth of my teaching career to date. I returned to piece of occupation from motherhood locomote out inwards Jan together with took on a Lead Practitioner piece of occupation at a novel schoolhouse 6 months later. I continued to hold upwardly a busy blogger together with tweeter throughout the twelvemonth together with was chuffed that my efforts were recognised at the Britain Blog Awards inwards April. During 2015 I attended numerous instruction events including maths conferences, TeachMeets, debates together with my really ain Christmaths party. Although it's tempting to write a long together with rambling reflection of all the events of the year, instead I've decided to await at what 2016 has to offer. There's loads going on inwards the twelvemonth ahead together with this post lists a few highlights. Full listings tin hold upwardly flora here.

January
Back to schoolhouse together with the chaos starts all over again. If your schoolhouse is form plenty to allow you lot out for a day, I reckon La Salle's National Maths Education Symposium on Th 21st Jan is worth a look. The programme is excellent.

I'm incredibly jealous of anyone who is able to attend the side past times side Peterborough Maths Network event. They've alone managed to describe of piece of occupation upwardly the nearly awesome mortal inwards the maths instruction - Don Steward! This lawsuit takes house after schoolhouse on 19th Jan together with you'd hold upwardly foolish to girlfriend it.

It's also my birthday on sixth January... simply saying.

February
It's a outflow year! Did you lot run across this tweet from Matt Parker? I ♥ numbers.
March together with April
Have you lot noticed how brusque the Spring Term is? Easter falls early on inwards 2016. As a lawsuit there's an awful lot going on during March.

The write-up of the concluding conference to larn an persuasion of what goes on.

I'm also actually looking forwards to Julia Smith's (@tessmaths) Easter Maths Camp which is on 28th together with 29th March in sunny St Osyth, Essex. There's all sorts of lovely activities lined upwardly - contact Julia if you lot desire to larn involved.
As always, the ATM together with MA are belongings their conferences over the Easter holidays. The ATM's Easter Conference 2016 is inwards Warwick from Tuesday 29th March to Fri 1st Apr together with the MA Annual Conference 2016 takes house inwards Oxford from Fri 1st Apr to Dominicus third April. Both get got splendid programmes. Hopefully when my children are older I'll hold upwardly able to attend 1 of these residential conferences.

Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 brace of weeks into the Summer Term is my write-up here) then if you lot larn the gamble to go, I actually recommend it.

July together with August
I'll hold upwardly presenting on Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 marking resources at the annual FMSP Key Stage v Teachers Conference inwards London on eighth July - details to follow.

Tom Bennison (@DrBennison) is organising an East Midlands KS5 Mathematics Conference on ninth August at the University of Nottingham. With the upcoming implementation of new Key Stage v specifications, Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 marking CPD is going to accept centre phase over the side past times side 2 years. Tom is planning what sounds similar an splendid lawsuit - I volition part details when they are announced.

September to December
#mathsconf8 takes house inwards Manchester on 1st Oct - it's a chip of a trek for me but I wouldn't girlfriend it!

I'm certain there'll hold upwardly lots to a greater extent than Autumn Term events announced closer to the time. Maybe fifty-fifty a #christmaths16... And (fingers crossed) I actually promise to organise something when the novel maths gallery opens at the Science Museum. Watch this space.

Quick - larn these dates inwards your diary now!
Throughout the twelvemonth there's loads of fantastic local events organised past times bodies such every bit the Further Maths Support Programme together with the Maths Hubs. I haven't listed everything here, but there's ever plenty going on for maths teachers then create detect out what's happening inwards your area.

I await forwards to seeing you lot at an lawsuit inwards 2016.

Happy New Year!