5 Maths Gems #39

Hello as well as welcome to my 39th gems post. This is where I percentage 5 maths teaching ideas I've seen on Twitter. This volition last my concluding post of the summertime holidays - I've been a busy blogger this summertime merely lesson planning takes priority this weekend. We all know how manic things larn at schoolhouse inwards September.

1. Bojagi
I'm excited close this. Dave Radcliffe (Gems 35) merely he intends to alter the motion painting every calendar week or fortnight, for illustration to display information close revision session, star students as well as thence on.

5. Statistics prompts
Whilst planning my outset S1 lesson of the year, I stumbled upon these lovely graphics. These volition brand vivid give-and-take prompts to larn students thinking close the reliability of statistics.
My colleague Lizzie (@MissStokesMaths) e'er tells her students that they induce got to a greater extent than than the average release of legs! Another swell give-and-take point.

The novel GCSE specification requires students to empathise the divergence betwixt correlation as well as causation. Amir (@WorkEdgeChaos) shared this extract from the marketing fabric of a cheeky solicitor - a swell illustration to percentage alongside students:
Update
Since my concluding gems post I've written 2 posts: Icebreakers and Multiple Choice Questions. I too made a resource for finding the slope of a curve, a theme on the novel GCSE specification.

This calendar week saw the outset ever #mathsjournalclub chat. It industrial plant a chip similar a mass club. We discussed an article close students' agreement of functions. The chat was a success as well as I expect forwards to the side yesteryear side i inwards a pair of months - follow @mathjournalclub for details.

Speaking of Twitter chats, #mathsTLP returns on Sunday. This is where nosotros percentage ideas as well as resources for lessons inwards the calendar week ahead. If you're novel to Twitter, delight bring together inwards - you're really welcome. Here's how:

Finally, if you're a fan of @solvemymaths' Maths Mr Men (everyone is!) as well as thence you'll honey these vantage stickers. L Needham (@luby_lou99) has made this template which tin last printed onto these stickers. Great stuff.
Picture from @mrprcollins