Maths Twitter Lesson Planning - #Mathstlp

My mate Ed, the legend that is @solvemymaths, has had a rather clever idea. On Dominicus nights betwixt 7pm together with 8pm (UK time) we're going to host a collaborative lesson planning hr on Twitter.

I truly believe that every teacher, no thing how experienced, tin produce goodness from sharing instruction ideas. Everyone is encouraged to bring together inwards amongst #mathsTLP, either to asking assistance or to offering suggestions. This variety of sharing ('how would y'all instruct this topic? produce y'all know of whatsoever practiced resources?' etc) is the sort of thing nosotros should produce to a greater extent than of at school, merely we're all also busy teaching. Give us to a greater extent than PPAs together with we'll produce this amongst our colleagues on a regular footing - until then, we're real lucky to convey Twitter.

If you're looking for ideas together with resources for a specific theme together with thence delight ask. Ed together with I volition organise together with document what volition belike endure a plethora of amazing ideas together with inspiration from the Twitter community.

We're all working towards a mutual finish merely thence many teachers operate inwards isolation - let's alter that. Please bring together inwards this Dominicus to brand our commencement #mathsTLP hr a success.

If you're novel to Twitter together with thence experience complimentary to email me together with I'll explicate how to learn started.

What else is going on?
I've non blogged much lately because I've been spending ridiculous amounts of fourth dimension planning my session for side yesteryear side weekend's maths conference. In my workshop I'll portion ideas on how best to explicate a attain of mathematical concepts including linear graphs, sequences, surds together with quadratics. I've been doing a lot of inquiry together with I've got unopen to groovy novel materials to share.

Sorry almost the lack of posts lately, merely I volition endure writing a novel gems post this weekend - sentry this space...