Jo's #Twitteratichallenge

Thank yous to @aegilopoides for nominating me for the #TwitteratiChallenge. This is a proficient chance to recommend some of my favourite tweeters, mainly for the sake of those who are novel to Twitter or are all the same to join. Outward affection isn't my rigid point, only hither goes.

In the past times year, Twitter has perish i of my favourite things. I'm non embarrassed to acknowledge that I await at Twitter when I wake upwardly inward the morn together with earlier I perish to bed at night, together with many times throughout the day. Why? It's partly because I don't desire to fille whatever ideas that could brand me a amend maths teacher. My career is of import to me together with I'm eager to learn. It's too because at that topographic point are some people on Twitter who I consider to hold out friends, fifty-fifty though I may receive got entirely met them i time or twice. I value their opinions together with I appreciate their support.

Twitter is a bright house for teachers. It's such a shame that at that topographic point are huge numbers of teachers who receive got non all the same discovered it. I beloved Twitter for the collaboration, the banter, the support, the inspiration together with the camaraderie.

So who to nominate? I beloved everyone on Twitter. Even the people that tin sometimes hold out a chip rude, or grumpy, or aggressive, or arrogant. Any instructor who shares teaching ideas is a superstar to me. Here's a alternative of my favourites maths tweeters, inward no item order:

1. @solvemymaths
Ed is a teacher, a instructor trainer, a PhD student, a puzzle writer, a resources maker together with a blogger. He is creative (have yous seen his Maths Mr Men?!), innovative, techy, resourceful, clever together with rattling funny. Maths teachers on Twitter volition hold out forever grateful for his bright #mathsTLP idea. His puzzles are splendid - a challenge for maths teachers together with students alike - together with his blog is a must-read. 

2. @tessmaths

Julia is lovely. Twitter tin hold out a cliquey place, sometimes unkind together with confrontational, only Julia is sort together with friendly to everyone. She has loads of sense inward maths pedagogy together with is a regular presenter at maths conferences together with events. Julia has lots of creative ideas, is ever upwardly for a lively give-and-take together with is total of enthusiasm. 

3. @srcav

Cav writes i of my favourite maths Long Live Stem together with Leaf). I beloved it when Cav together with the bright Colin Beveridge disagree (see Colin's postal service The Mathematical Pirate together with the Formula Triangle) - they both challenge my thinking, which is precisely what I need.

4. @MrReddyMaths
Bruno Reddy is total of enthusiasm together with positivity. He has clear ideas nigh what maths pedagogy should await similar together with is on a crusade to convince us all of the benefits of mastery. His post about designing a mastery curriculum has been a swell assistance to many. Bruno is a knowledgeable together with insightful tweeter together with blogger. He is too the creator of the fantastic Times Table Rock Stars, which my students absolutely love!  

5. @aap03102
Chris Smith is the entirely mortal listed hither who I haven't had the pleasance of coming together inward person. He lives inward sunny Scotland, together with so it may hold out a spell until nosotros meet. Chris is a pop speaker at conferences - I'd beloved to attend i of his workshops. Chris produces an outstanding weekly newsletter which is ever packed total of puzzles, jokes, mathematical trivia together with teaching ideas. It's good worth subscribing to. Chris tweets extracts from his newsletter together with too lots of interesting mathematical bits together with pieces. 

So that's my 5 nominations, only at that topographic point are many many to a greater extent than tweeters who I adore.


Finally, here's the materials I've been told to stick at the cease of this post. Now, a drinking glass of vino awaits...


************************************************

#TwitteratiChallenge?

In the spirit of social-media-educator friendships, this summertime it is fourth dimension to recognise your most supportive colleagues inward a uncomplicated blogpost shout-out. Whatever your reason, these 5 educators should hold out your 5 go-to people inward times of challenge together with critique, or for verification together with support.
Rules:

There are entirely iii rules.
  1. You cannot knowingly include someone yous piece of occupation alongside inward existent life.
  2. You cannot listing somebody that has already been named if yous are already made aware of them beingness listed on #TwitteratiChallenge
  3. You volition necessitate to re-create together with glue the championship of this blogpost together with (the Rules together with What To Do) data into your ain weblog post.
What To Do?
There are 5 to-dos yous must piece of occupation if yous would similar to nominate your ain listing of colleagues.
  1. Within vii days of beingness nominated past times somebody else, yous necessitate to position colleagues that yous rely regularly go-to for back upwardly together with challenge. They receive got straightaway been challenged together with must deed every bit participants of the #TwitteratiChallenge.
  2. If you’ve been nominated, yous must write your ain #TwitteratiChallenge blogpost inside vii days. If yous practice non receive got your ain blog, try@StaffRm.
  3. The educator nominated, that agency yous reading this must either: a) tape a video of themselves (using Periscope?) inward continuous footage together with denote their credence of the challenge, followed past times a pouring of your (chosen) drinkable over a drinking glass of ice.
  4. Then, the drinkable is to hold out lifted alongside a ‘cheers’ earlier the player nominates their 5 other educators to participate inward the challenge.
  5. The educator that is straightaway (newly) nominated, has vii days to compose their ain #TwitteratiChallenge blogpost together with position who their top-5 go-to educators are.